email contact

Saturday 5 January 2013

The other day I was in the waiting room of a traditional doctor whose nutritional programme helps weight loss according to one’s body constitution. I sat there reading, as I always do in order not to feel I am wasting my time, when the woman sitting next to me, turned round and, out of the blue, said, “God must give us another Paradise!” I looked at her with my mouth half open, wondering whether she might actually need another type of doctor. Realising my confusion, she continued, “Since I remember myself, I have been overweight, just like you. That’s not fair! That’s why God has to make it up to us, for what we’ve suffered throughout life.” To be honest, I had never thought of it like that: I always assumed that being overweight had to do with eating too much.